Cleaning an Escalator With the Cimex Escalator Cleaner
A Simple & Easy Solution for Dirty Escalators.
Having clean escalators and travelators is essential for the appearance of your establishment. An escalator is one of the first things patrons will see upon entering a hotel, airport or shopping center. No matter how clean the other areas of the building are, if the escalator is not clean people immediately can get a negative impression of the facility.
Not only will regular cleaning of escalators and travelators improve your facility’s appearance, but it will also save money on maintenance costs. Debris from dirty escalators can cause additional wear on parts and require more frequent repairs. Using the Cimex Escalator Cleaner to cut down on built-up dirt can greatly decrease the need for repairs.
“Not only will regular cleaning of escalators and travelators improve your facility’s appearance, but it will also save money on maintenance costs.”
The Cimex Escalator Cleaner is designed to clean varying widths of escalator and will therefore only clean part of the width at a time. After each complete pass, move the machine across the escalator to overlap previously cleaned area until the full width has been cleaned.
Cleaning an Escalator
- Wheel the machine to the bottom of the escalator. WARNING – Never attempt to use the machine at the top of an escalator.
- Fully unwind the supply cord and plug into a convenient socket outlet.
- Ensure that the escalator is moving away from the machine, reverse the direction of the escalator if necessary.
- Position the machine on the escalator such that the rest bar situated just in front of the wheels sits on the non-moving comb of the escalator.
- Switch on the vacuum motor, followed by the brush motor.
- WARNING – Never start the machine without the brushes fitted.
The simplicity of the Cimex Escalator Cleaner makes maintaining the cleanliness of your escalators easy. Included with the machine is a set of standard nylon brushes that are perfect for regular scrubbing. For a deeper and more aggressive cleaning, use Tynex® brushes.